Arlington Heights Farmers Market
The Arlington Heights Historical Society was founded in 1957 by a group of citizens concerned about preserving their local heritage. These charter members met in each other's homes and began to collect local history memorabilia. In 1967, they purchased the F.W. Muller Home for the Village to use as a local museum. The museum opened to the public in 1968. Since then, the Society has worked with the Village to acquire other properties associated with the F.W. Muller property including the 1906 Soda Pop Factory, the 1908 Nathaniel Moore Banta House, and circa 1880 Coach House. A replica log cabin was added to the campus in the early 1970's to depict the lifestyle of Arlington Heights' earliest settlers, the pioneers.
The Historical Society operated the museum with a staff of dedicated volunteers, and the Village of Arlington Heights maintained the museum buildings and grounds. In 1985, the Society approached the Arlington Heights Park District for assistance with managing the museum and its educational program. In 1986, the first paid, professional administrator for the museum was hired by Park District. The Historical Society refocused its efforts on the restoration of the historic houses, the collection and care of the historic artifact and document collections, the installation of permanent and changing exhibits, the organization of a local history research library and the management of an extensive volunteer program.
The Historical Society is a not-for-profit organization and raises funds to fulfill its mission of preserving local history through memberships and donations.
June 3, 2017 - October 14, 2017
Saturdays, 7:30AM - 12:30PM
Location: N Vail Ave. and Fremont St